Put the elephants and donkeys aside. Don’t take into account whether you voted for the President or someone else. Religious Liberty lies at the center of the Hobby Lobby lawsuit, and that should have every American watching this issue closely.
I didn’t learn nearly enough in Mrs. Johnson 6th grade class, but I did learn that some brave pilgrims sailed the Atlantic Ocean to escape religious persecution and to find a land of opportunity. Will we now recline in our La-Z-Boy and watch religious liberty disappear like the fading tide? If so, we owe an apology to the pilgrims and to every American soldier who has fought for our freedom.
Let’s review the facts:
- The Green’s, owners of Hobby Lobby and Mardel Christian Book Stores, attend Council Road Baptist Church in Bethany, Oklahoma.
- According to SBC.net, Council Road Baptist Church is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- The Southern Baptist Convention’s confession, The Baptist Faith and Message 2000, states, “We should speak on behalf of the unborn and contend for the sanctity of all human life from conception to natural death.”
- The Green’s are not just casual church attenders but active believers who close their stores on Sunday and have given millions to the Oklahoma Baptist Convention and other evangelical education.
- Obamacare or the HHS mandate requires Plan B (the morning after pill) and IUD’s to be included. These drugs have abortive functions preventing implantation after conception.
- The government will force the Green family to offer employees at Hobby Lobby and Mardel these abortive drugs or pay up to a 1.3 million dollar fine per day until they conform.
The Green family and many others believe that life begins at the moment of conception. Obamacare forces the Green’s to act contrary to their religious beliefs or pay a monetary fine. This violates their freedom of religion.
Why Big Government’s Invasion Matters to You:
If the government can use monetary penalty to control the actions (or worse yet, the beliefs) of its citizens and businesses, then we no longer have religious liberty in this country.
Maybe you’re not a Baptist or you don’t think these drugs are morally wrong, so why does it matter to you? Because if the government can use monetary fines to force one business or one person to act against their religion, the government may one day use monetary penalty against your beliefs as well.
How long before the government will use your tax money to pay for abortions, euthanasia or worse? What will you do then? How long before the government labels believing Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven as hate speech spoken by religious fanatics and fines any citizen attending such a church? Will it be too late at that point?
Everyone should watch closely and be ready to act before America becomes the land of the “fees” and the home of the “conformed.”